birding-aus

capertee national park

To: <>, <>
Subject: capertee national park
From: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:31:13 +1100

Hello all,

My contact for the park is the ranger, Dave Noble, who asks visitors intending
to go to the park to contact him first on email. He can give you the current
gate combination number, etc. You also need to call the caretakers a day or two
before going to confirm all is well. In the end I didn't get there but hope to
soon - if anyone goes perhaps they could post a review.

Dave's email:

Apparently there is camping and a couple of cottages, though I'm not sure if
they're available yet.

see basic info from NPs below.

Cheers,

Arwen

"Highlights: The open eucalypt forest and river oaks along the banks of the
Capertee River are a must for birdwatchers.  The dawn chorus of birds is one of
the best you will ever hear.  The grassy box woodlands make this park ideal for
exploring on foot.
Activities: There are opportunities for remote bushwalking (no formal tracks),
mountain biking, and there's car-based camping.  The river offers swimming
after wet periods.
Access: 200 km north-west of Sydney, turn Right at Capertee and follow the
signs to Glen Alice, then follow Glen Alice Road and turn left into Port
Macquarie Road.  From here the road is a good gravel road to the park."

Arwen Blackwood Ximenes