birding-aus

Recent bird records NE NSW

To: <>
Subject: Recent bird records NE NSW
From: "Simon Clayton" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:02:14 +1100
Hello All,

Latest bird records at Gibraltar Reserve, Gibraltar Range (foot of GDR,
Northeast NSW) are at http://aussiebirding.wildiaries.com/trips/10675 and
include night-calling overhead Noisy Pitta and daytime Brush Cuckoo,
probably recently arrived. Daytime Platypus video and more on Wildiaires
too.

Special thanks to Simon Mustoe & Alan McBride for supporting our
conservation efforts, for love of birds, really, it's all paying off. Thanks
also to the admin for presenting us on Birding-Aus.

Masked Owls still around, enjoyed with Greg Clancy, Darryl & Gary Eggins
during July, but juvs now fledged and terrorising the local rodents (some of
them are listed Threatened or Endangered species too, when Aus museum
confirms ID!).

We welcome visitors and appreciate support for our efforts. 188 hectares and
188 species of bird recorded, we're glad we found this place and are hanging
on to it for everyone.

Website update happening soon, but I'm busy with land management, bushfire
hazard reduction, ticks, leeches, Lantana scratches, rainforest regeneration
(Logrunner, Regent Bowerbird, Pale Yellow Robin etc, someone help me.;-)
etc.

Kind and knackered regards,

Simon Clayton

Manager