birding-aus

Barn Owl - Irruption

To: "'H D Peter Thomson'" <>, <>
Subject: Barn Owl - Irruption
From: "Richard Nowotny" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 21:42:08 +1100
I wasn't aware that there was a Barn Owl irruption taking place, but as it
happens some US visitors and I did see a Barn Owl sitting within the foliage
of a pine tree at the Western Treatment Plant in full late afternoon sun
yesterday, the first time I have seen a barn Owl (or any owl for that
matter) at the WTP (and the first Barn Owl I have seen for some years),
adding a little additional piece to the irruption picture.  Richard