birding-aus

barn owl rescue Randwick

To: "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: barn owl rescue Randwick
From: "Cas Liber" <>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 18:35:52 +1000
A couple of weeks ago I was walking in raandwick when I heard a commotion
and a gathering of around 20 to 30 pied currawongs making a racket, and saw
something pale brown fall down, which was a young barn owl. I went to pick
it up, but it flew off and was immediately divebombed by currawongs and an
Australian Raven who joined in. It fell to the ground and lay still with its
legs up in the air. I picked it up and took it to a Drs surgery a door away
and it appeared unharmed apart from a wing which might have been injured.
WIRES said that they'd recovered something like 30 barn owls recently
Cas