birding-aus

Chatham Albatross off Australia

Subject: Chatham Albatross off Australia
From: Andrew Stafford <>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:59:07 +1000
David James wrote:

Mike, there we go, Peter is a steel trap, unlike me. Bet he would remember
looking at Harper & Kinsky 1st ed too and what you had for lunch! seems like
Reid & James was a pretty lousy review of Australian records but a good review
of Tasmania records, only 1 shy (ha ha). So between your list and James & Reid
there are 8 records, excluding the 1985 gong bird and the "later" record. Then
there are Batemans Bay Aug 1999, Gong July 2002, Sydney Aug 2002 and Eagle Hawk
Neck Sep 2011.   12-14 records, by my reckoning. Any more?
Yes David, Wollongong, August 22 1999, as per my previous post. So I guess it's
an occasional/accidental vagrant in Australia, but nonetheless a great bird to
see at any time!