birding-aus

Victorian 'environment' Minister at it again....

To: Mike Honeyman <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Victorian 'environment' Minister at it again....
From: "Dave & Marj" <>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 18:43:44 +1000
Hi Mike,

I'm alarmed at what these guys are doing also, its absolute madness and
shows they have little regard for and very little understanding of our
environment. A quick look at Flora & Fauna Guarantee
page<http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/plants-and-animals/native-plants-and-animals/threatened-species-and-communities/flora-and-fauna-guarantee-act>on
the DSE website makes me think that allowing free and unlimited access
might even breach the act. Greater minds that mine will sort that out. The
objectives of the act are below and one must ask how do any of these
objectives fit in with open slather wood collecting in our forests?

David Cameron
Mooralla
Vic

Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act - Objectives

The flora and fauna conservation and management objectives are:

(a) to guarantee that all taxa of Victoria's flora and fauna ….. can
survive, flourish and retain their potential for evolutionary development in
the wild

(b) to conserve Victoria's communities of flora and fauna

(c) to manage potentially threatening processes

(d) to ensure that any use of flora or fauna by humans is sustainable

(e) to ensure that the genetic diversity of flora and fauna is maintained

(f) to provide programs:

(i) of community education in the conservation of flora and fauna

(ii) to encourage co-operative management of flora and fauna through,
amongst other things, the entering into of land management
co-operative agreements under the *Conservation, Forests and Lands Act 1987*

(iii) of assisting and giving incentives to people, including landholders,
to enable flora and fauna to be conserved

(g) to encourage the conserving of flora and fauna through co-operative
community endeavou