birding-aus

Travelling Birder trip report website down?

To: Peter Ewin <>
Subject: Travelling Birder trip report website down?
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 17:58:57 +1000
Unfortunately websites come and go - it takes money (and passion!) to keep a
website up and running, and there have been many instances (not in the
birding field) where one or other runs out. I guess sites run by
"organisations" are less likely to go under than those run by individuals
(and I don't know who ran this site) but even then I would never entrust my
data solely to a website!

Of course it may be a slight technical problem which can sometimes take a
day or more to fix, so worth trying again in a day or two I guess.