birding-aus

Mallee birds RFI

To: <>
Subject: Mallee birds RFI
From: "Greg Little" <>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:50:44 +1000
Gooday BA folks

In mid September, about 2 weeks time, Judy and I are racing across to
Gluepot Reserve for a few days to try for a look at the Scarlet-chested
Parrot and Red-lored Whistler. Hopefully, while chasing these birds we would
like to see Purple-gaped Honeyeater, Slender-billed Thornbill, Mallee
Emu-wren and Western Whipbird.

Research suggests we have a better chance of seeing the Slender-billed
Thornbill at Ngarkat CP and the Mallee Emu-wren along the Nowingi Track at
Hattah Kulkyne NP. Will stop at the Nowingi Track for a couple of hours or
more on the way across.

If anyone can offer some advise on locations especially where we might see
the SCP and RLW at Gluepot that would be fantastic and much appreciated.

While these are ticks for me, Judy will see these and heaps of new birds as
well.

Greg Little