birding-aus

RIP Choo Tse Chien

To: <>
Subject: RIP Choo Tse Chien
From: "Paul G Dodd" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 20:24:41 +1000
Hi birding-aussers,

Some sad news - well respected Malaysian birder and photographer Choo Tse
Chien passed away yesterday. I'm sorry, but I have no further details of his
passing. The funeral will be held at 2pm on Sunday, Aug 28th at the Wesley
Methodist Church, Burma Rd, Penang, Malaysia.

Whilst I never met Chien personally, I was in touch with him through social
media sites and was quite familiar with his work. For those not on Facebook,
Chien's work can be seen at: http://www.aviannaturescapes.net/Site/Home.html
and also here: http://www.pbase.com/tsechien

Those of you that have participated in the Borneo Bird Festival, Chien was
an active organiser, contributor and participant. He was scheduled to
present on bird and nature photography in the forthcoming event in October.
See: http://www.pbase.com/tsechien for more information.

Paul Dodd

Docklands, Victoria