birding-aus

Murray Valley Hwy and N Victoria, plus Snowies

Subject: Murray Valley Hwy and N Victoria, plus Snowies
From: Gordon and Pam Cain <>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:27:12 +1000
Hi all,

My sons and I are planning a trip from Hattah-Kulkyne NP near Mildura to Albury, taking the Murray Valley Hwy.

I'm the only birder in the bunch, though the others are interested in birds to various degrees, as well as just wildlife, nature, beautiful scenery, and such like.

If we take a few days for that part of our trip, are there any great spots or 'must-see's'? -- Birds as well as other wildlife and great bits of the creation. I've already been told to go to Chiltern for Box Ironbark and perhaps even Regent HE's.

And any great spots to do a night or two in the Snowies -- Vic or NSW? My oldest son want to camp there (it'll be after the ski season has finished). I've only ever been to Jindabyne and Sawpit Creek.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Gordon Cain
A casual birder