birding-aus

Sound Recording in south-west WA

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Sound Recording in south-west WA
From: Howard & Jill Plowright <>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:42:10 +1000
The Australian Wildlife Sound Recording Group Inc biennial workshop will be in south west W.A. September 2011. Always an excellent week and we have an outstanding program to go with recording opportunities second to none. So, if you are Interested in sounds made by Australian wildlife – whales, birds, frogs, cicadas, kangaroos - consider our week-long workshop in September 2011. Some of the best wildlife researchers and managers in WA will tell us how they use animal sounds in their work. If you want to learn the basics of recording, then come and attend a “beginners’ course in wildlife sound recording” within the Workshop. Bob Tomkins reckons "more exciting than scuba diving, more difficult than photography, and more addictive than chocolate, it might just change your life…!".A workshop at Lady Elliot Island certainly changed mine some years ago.

Reservations are essential, so please contact David Secomb on 08 9821 7271 or Bob Tomkins on 03 5784 2041 for more information. I can email a pdf flyer to any interested person(s).