birding-aus

Perth cockatoos

To: Birding Australia <>
Subject: Perth cockatoos
From: Israel Didham <>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 23:37:46 -0700 (PDT)
hi all,

I have two questions about WA cockatoos (for an upcoming trip):

1) there are western corellas and introduced long-billed corellas in Perth. Are
there also introduced little corellas there?

2) how the heck do you tell a long-billed black cockatoo from a short-billed? I
know the bill is (of course) different but from pictures it doesn't look like a
really obvious length difference, so can you only tell them apart with really
close views, or is there some basic difference in the way they act or look?

thanks :)