birding-aus

Climate Change is real and happening

Subject: Climate Change is real and happening
From: Mark Stanley <>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:47:22 +0800
MMM I'm thinking - did we just read another morsel of propaganda from a
"Climate Change Septic"?

Woops - misspelled that. Should have read "Climate Change Denier".

Mark Stanley
Melbourne
+61 439 025 774

Message: 16
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:24:47 +1000
From: Ian May <>
To: "" <>
Subject: Climate Change is real and happening. (off
       topic)

g'Day All

Traveled from Tasmania via the ferry and drove across to Price SA from
Melbourne yesterday. This was our 20th return trip in 7 years and usually
the
heavy vehicle traffic makes it a tiresome journey but this time, activity
was so quiet we could have birded on the freeway.

On board the ferry I thought we must have picked the wrong sailing day. If I
yelled "Hello" the reply would have been my echo coming back.   Departing
Melbourne at morning peak hour, 0700 yesterday traveling west across the
Westgate bridge, it was as though we had gone back in time, perhaps easter
Sunday, hardly anyone on the bridge?   Then to Adelaide via the Western
Highway.  No tail gaiters, hardly any trucks and not many cars.  Most of the
journey we had kilometers of empty highway in front and behind us, so often
I thought there must have been a road block holding back the traffic.

It was like that in the early 90's during the recession we had to have.
There were hardly any cars on the road and all of a sudden again it is like
that now.  Although the lower road activity is pleasant and probably helps
lower the road toll, one person I spoke to at Kaniva said the sudden drop
in activity is more evidence of "climate change".  "MMM" thought I???  Did
we just meet another "Climate Change expert"?

Regards

Ian May
St Helens, Tasmania
currently at Price SA