birding-aus

re the hunt for the golden bower bird.

To: "birds" <>
Subject: re the hunt for the golden bower bird.
From: "neil mcfarlane" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:31:59 -0700
Thanks for all those helpful people in regard for my quest in seeking the
golden bower bird.
Alas the rain has dampened my efforts, so I have left the highlands and headed
to Eubenangee swamp. Again the rain today was so heavy the walk was left
uncompleted but on the way back to the hwy I was rewarded by a flock of crimson
finches feeding in and around the sugar cane fields. Further along both the
chestnut and nutmeg mannikans spotted. I’m now camped at the boulders with a
sunbird nest right next door.
My trip thus far has been so rewarding with over 70 new birds and races
sighted. Not to mention the barking owl roosting in the top shelf of the shed
belonging to the timber merchants in Atherton.
Neil