birding-aus

Last 'definite' record of Night Parrot on proposed mining site

To: 'Simon Mustoe' <>, "" <>
Subject: Last 'definite' record of Night Parrot on proposed mining site
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 09:52:31 +1000
Does anyone know any more details about the recording referred to in that
article? ("playback of one of these calls elicited a response, on at least two
occasions a bird was heard flying past at about head-height and then landed in
the Spinifex".)

I wasn't aware there were any recordings of NP. I assume this recording can't
definitely be attributed to NP, but has anyone worked out what else it might
be, and is it available?

Peter Shute