birding-aus

Kimberley visit

To: "Roy Bryant" <>
Subject: Kimberley visit
From: "Don and Llane Hadden" <>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 17:04:33 +0930
Hope your trip comes off Roy but I was talking to a friend at Theda Station who was describing to me the terrible state of the roads, the significant washouts and he wondered if the roads would even be open this year at all. He had heard that they might even have to make completely new sections of the road. The whole area up there has had record breaking rains. No doubt your commercial company will be up with the latest news but I mention this in case others were thinking of trying to see Black Grasswrens this year. This website gives conditions on the Gibb River Road but there are no websites I know of that describe the roads into Mitchell Plateau http://standards.mainroads.wa.gov.au/NR/mrwa/internet/realtime/TRC/RegionalConditions.asp?1

Don Hadden

-----Original Message----- From: Roy Bryant