birding-aus

Bird twitch mark 2

To: <>
Subject: Bird twitch mark 2
From: robert burgoyne <>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 20:13:11 +1030
Thanks Greg - a big help as I'm heading for the Mallee Emu Wren and
Short-tailed Grasswren sites (both would be lifers) as I head up to the Alice
from Brisbane.

Currently at Corowa after catching up with 4 Painted Snipe at the Coreen site
earlier today - they were flushed from the grass between the road and the swamp
which is only a few hundred metres south of the Coreen township sign on the
southern side of town.  This is a particularly great find for me as I missed it
at the BA 100th in Adelaide when it was seen at Pt Noarlunga on a field trip
and I left the Alice the same day as it was seen at the Ponds there!  I thought
I was doomed never to see one.  Added to the SIPO in Brisbane, it has been a
great trip so far.

Heading for Chiltern tomorrow and hopefully another lifer - Regent Honeyeater.

Rob Burgoyne