birding-aus

South Island Pied Oystercatcher and White-fronted Honeyeater

To: <>
Subject: South Island Pied Oystercatcher and White-fronted Honeyeater
From: "Graeme Gallienne" <>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:57:20 +1000
Hi all,

Thanks to Birding Aus, Bird-O and some help from Jim, who we fortuitiously
met at the Minnippi Parklands Carpark, my friend Judy and I had an excellent
day with the once in a lifetime opportunity to view two Vagrant Species for
Brisbane in one day.  The White-fronted Honeyeater was found exactly where
the directions said between 0945 and 1200 (seen twice and favouring
flowering Melaleuca quinquinervia) and the SIPO was found with all the other
PO's at Point Halloran.

Thanks guys!

Sandra Gallienne