birding-aus

Buff Banded Rail Sighting

To: <>
Subject: Buff Banded Rail Sighting
From: "Kemal and Leesa" <>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 16:24:32 +1000
Hi there,

Today at about 2pm, Sunday 8th May, as I was exiting the Knox Civic Centre
carpark, outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne, and a buff-banded rail crossed
the road.  I was quite surprised by this and stopped my car and watched it
for about 5 minutes foraging for food.  My reason for being at this venue
was due to visiting the Bayswater Rotary Art Show.  Therefore the carpark
was nearly empty.   The plants at this venue would be very attractive for
it, hence why it may live there - grasses and exotic plants.

Cheers - Leesa Clarkson