birding-aus

Cooperative feeding between a Little-black Cormorant and Platypus?

To: Barry Davies <>, "birding aus" <>
Subject: Cooperative feeding between a Little-black Cormorant and Platypus?
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:54:08 +1000

Barry

I saw this behaviour in a TV documentary several years ago.  It is David
Parer's "Platypus - World's Strangest Animal".

In this case, the cormorant's (I think it was a Little Pied but it could
have been a Little Black) encouragement was quite vigorous.  The foraging
by the Platypus disturbed prey species that the cormorant snapped up.

Regards

David