birding-aus

BOCA Website Update

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: BOCA Website Update
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:47:01 +1000
I am pleased to announce that the BOCA website has now been updated with a
list of birding locations (http://boca.org.au/come-birding/birding-locations)
- a list of more than 750 spots to go birding as recommended by individuals,
birding organisations and other bodies. Each location links where possible
to nearby Eremaea locations so you can see bird sightings at or near to the
location. It is also possible to post comments about each location so you
can update the information provided with recent feedback.

Most information currently consists of links to other sites and downloadable
brochures, but hopefully that will change with more information added as
time goes on. It will soon be possible for individuals to add sites to the
map and edit details of those sites that are there, so as to provide the
best possible information for other birders. Some areas of the country are
currently very well covered by locations - others have great gaps and I know
some obvious sites are yet to make it to the database.

Of course the usual caveats apply - we are publishing in good faith and you
should not rely on the information without trying to confirm it. Equally
obviously we trust that any comments provided are useful and do not breach
copyrights.

With this development completed our old birdobservers.org.au site will be
de-commissioned in the next week or so.

Feedback welcomed either via comments on the site or to me directly.