birding-aus

Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Western Australia Weekly Update
Date: 21 Mar 2011 01:31:09 +1000

Birdline Western Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 20 Mar 2011.

Fri 18 Mar Blue and White Flycatcher Big House on Home Island, Cocos-Keeling Islands
Richard Baxter has just rung and asked me to report on birding-aus that a male Blue and White Flycatcher was seen easily today near the Big House on Home Island. It was very attached to one particular tree which it repeatedly chased a Large Hawk Cuckoo out of, both birds viewed and photographed very well from around twenty metres distance. Richard mentioned that all the usual suspects were still present on the island eg Japanese Sparrowhawk, Yellow Bittern, Pond Heron and Watercock. I would not consider this list exhaustive and I am sure Richard will provide a full report when he arrives home next week.
Richard Baxter per Jeff Davies.

Birdline Western Australia is sponsored by Eremaea Birds and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.