birding-aus

Is Ken Archembault a real person?

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Is Ken Archembault a real person?
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:10:18 +1000
This evening I received an unsolicited email suggesting I check out Ken
Archambault's photos on Facebook.
I immediately deleted the email without reading it. Why? Because I am very suspicious of unsolicited emails and I regularly delete anything from people I don't know or recognise.
Incidentally, I am not interested in being listed on LinkedIn.

I have never heard of anyone named "Ken Archambault" but a Google search suggests there is at least one person in this world with that name.
Has anyone heard of this person and, if so, do they know anything about him
(assuming that Ken is exclusively a male name)?

I suspect that I have been targeted because I am a world famous (in my mind at least) bird photographer and this (possibly real person) is desperately looking for "friends". I know very little about Facebook but I understand that the sole purpose for Facebook is to enable one to accumulate 'friends' in numbers beyond comprehension (and thus distorting the meaning of 'friend') but I am quite satisfied with my real, live, flesh and blood, touchable friends so I don't feel a great urge (or any urge, in fact) to become a devotee of Facebook.

It is possible that someone who has corresponded with Birding-aus has, unknowingly, initiated this email and this is simply a sign of how the internet has morphed into something rather unpleasant. However, I would like everyone to know that I don't respond to emails from senders I don't recognise (and I don't respond to some I do recognise); I am not interested in becoming associated with 'social networks' such as Facebook; and I know that no one can control any of this.

If anyone wants to contact me they should:
- send me the type of email which can get through my security (some legitimate senders are apparently being trapped by my security system as being SPAM so people should check the style of their emails if they get no response from me);
- provide a sender's name which isn't obviously a pile of (insert a Tony Abbott
expletive);
- provide a subject line which is comprehensible and/or relates to something which I relate to (I'm not going to give anyone here a clue on what that could be).

Contrary to what some people may have been told, I am really a very nice person but I have no compunction in deleting emails I even slightly suspect may be.............'suspect'.

If I have caused a real person by the name of Ken Archambault any unwarranted distress with this posting I apologise. If Ken Archambault is a real person, is a bird photographer, has personally seen my bird photographs and wants to be a real friend (and doesn't simply want me to look at his photos and then tell him how good he is) he can personally email me and we can go from there.

Cheers

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld