birding-aus

Update on Sooty Tern in Alice Springs.

Subject: Update on Sooty Tern in Alice Springs.
From: Christopher Watson <>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:54:15 +0930
G'day Folks,
                  Just thought I'd put the word out that we still have a
Sooty Tern with us here in Alice. The weather has been so wet that I don't
think it has felt particularly out of place.

On a serious note, the carers were hoping to have sent it eastwards a long
time ago but they are awaiting a permit from Parks & Wildlife. Not the end
of the world and these procedures have to be respected I suppose.

So I hope the permit will be granted shortly and the Sooty Tern will be
heading homewards in short order. The bird is in fine health and has been
feeding well since it went into care and has put on a considerable amount of
weight.

Chris Watson
Alice Springs

--