birding-aus

Of Pelicans & Striped Honeyeaters

To: <>
Subject: Of Pelicans & Striped Honeyeaters
From: "Brian and Meg" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:06:07 +1000
It's going to be a big breeding event in the desert lakes this year if the
pelicans of Bribie Island know anything - over the last 2 weeks, every pelican
has left the island - presumably for all points west. There was a pr of Striped
Honeyeaters in our street this morning. Although the island is within the
suggested range for these birds, this pr is the 1st we've seen here in the 6
years we've lived on the island. We have seen many further inland - these would
be the most easterly. Many of the 'waders' are nearly fully coloured - must be
soon time to leave.
Cheers
Brian & Meg