birding-aus

RFI - Brisbane and Surrounds

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI - Brisbane and Surrounds
From: Bob Dawson <>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 20:06:48 +1100
Hi all

I will be in Brisbane from the 15th to the 24th of March for work and will have
the weekend of the 19th and 20th to go birding.

I will have a car so can get around and would like to know of any good birding
daytrips or good spots in and around Brisbane.

I am particularly interested in any areas that would have a chance of seeing
the following, but am interested in any good birding areas, including wader
spots.

Note - I have no idea if any of these are likely to be seen close to Brisbane.
they are just birds I have not seen and Brisbane is in or near their range
going by my field guide. Any suggestions for any of them would be appreciated.
It would be nice to get a tick!

Cotton Pygmy-Goose, Squatter Pigeon, Channel Billed Cuckoo, Marbled Frogmouth,
Noisy Pitta, Alberts Lyrebird, Eastern Bristlebird, Painted Honeyeater, Scarlet
Honeater, Logrunner, White-eared Monarch, Paradise Riflebird, Green Catbird,
Regent Bowerbird, Barred Cuckoo-Shrike, Russet-tailed Thrush.

If anyone is interested in tagging along with me or would be happy with me
tagging along with them, that would be even better. I’m happy to supply the
transport.

Cheers

Bob Dawson