birding-aus

Low light bins

To: "Dave Torr" <>, "Michael Hunter" <>
Subject: Low light bins
From: "Bill Stent" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:23:15 +1100
I use a pair of Nikon Monarch 8.5 x 56 bins, which are very heavy (getting back to the previous thread?) but are astounding in low light conditions, like turning on the lights. During the day, of course, a lot of the light coming from the eyepiece gets spilled on my iris, meaning I end up carrying more than I need.

They're rugged and pretty waterproof, and not dramatically expensive. The close focusing does leave something to be desired though.

Bill