birding-aus

Thailand Part 2

To: <>
Subject: Thailand Part 2
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 20:40:43 +1100
Good Evening Everyone

                                             I have posted my 2nd lot of
shots from my trip the pick being Black-tailed Crake which was quite amusing
in the fact that our guide laid down some mealworms in front of the reeds
and rattled the tin that he bought them in. After about 10 mins a
Grey-backed Shrike turned up and started calling and a couple of minutes
after a pair of Black-tailed Crakes stepped out of the reeds and started
feeding. Our guide told us this was a regular thing for the Shrike to do and
my only guess is that the Crakes chomped on the mealworms and the Shrike
came down and ate the scraps, I was in a Camouflage wrap for these photo's
and spent about half an hour on my knees waiting for the right moment to
take these shots of the Crake and hobbled around like an old man afterwards.
Anyway here is the usual link

http://barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup

Kindest Regards

Geoff Jones