birding-aus

Yasi

To: "'Alan Gillanders'" <>, "'Jim Fisher'" <>, <>, <>, <>, "'Carol Probets'" <>, "'John Gillanders'" <>, "'birding-aus'" <>, <>
Subject: Yasi
From: "Peter Gillanders" <>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 09:28:22 +1000
Greetings all
After the worst of the wind had passed Alan and Maria moved from their hidey
hole under the dining room table wedged in the laundry between the washing
machine and the shelves back to their own bed for some sleep. This morning
Alan reports a small roof leak, but apart from that OK. They are now
implementing their survival plan, getting the camp fridge going, etc.

Thank you for your greetings. I will pass them on to Alan and Maria in due
course. Based on what I heard on ABC radio this morning the period they are
without power could be somewhere between 3-5 days and a similar number of
weeks. Only time and Electricity supplier investigation will tell.

regards

Peter Gillanders
Tarradarrapin Creek catchment
Redland City