birding-aus

Birdinfo for Mac?

Subject: Birdinfo for Mac?
From: Paul Jacobson <>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:52:05 +1100
On 28/01/2011, at 2:39 PM,  wrote:

> I don't use VirtualPC any more - VMWare Fusion is a much better way of
> running Windows on a Mac if there's a program you really need. It's
> stable, and gives you access to all the peripherals and network
> connections you already have on the Mac "side".

VirtualBox is very good free alternative to Parallels Desktop and VMWare
Fusion.  The main downside is that VirtualBox's integration with the host OS
isn't as quite as seamless as with the commercial product, but it is very solid
and usable in day to day use.  VMWare and Parallels Desktop allow you drag and
drop between OS's, whereas VirtualBox uses shared folders which appear as
network drives in "My Computer".  It's quite simple to setup the Mac Desktop
Folder as the shared folder and this works fairly well as a way of sharing data
between OSes.

http://www.virtualbox.org/

cheers