birding-aus

sunshine coast pelagic

To: <>
Subject: sunshine coast pelagic
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:14:52 +1000

We are planning an inaugural pelagic boat trip to look for seabirds out of
the Sunshine Coast. This will be on Saturday, March 12, at 6am, leaving from
Mooloolaba. It will take just over an hour to reach the continental shelf
and we will return by 4pm.
We are looking at a cost of $120 per person.
The Sunshine Coast is something of an unknown quantity in terms of pelagics
- I have at times seen good numbers of species such as Bridled Tern and
Arctic and Pomarine jaegers close to shore - but of course it is that much
further north.
Let me know please if you are interested. If this is successful we will do
these regularly (always on a non-profit basis of course). The timing will be
such that they will not clash with the Gold Coast pelagics - I have been
liaising with Paul Wallbridge about this project.
Greg Roberts