birding-aus

RFI Powerful Owls in Melbourne

Subject: RFI Powerful Owls in Melbourne
From: Chris Watson <>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:05:32 +1100
G'day folks,
                 Tassie was a treat and a huge thanks to all who helped out
with advice. Had nothing short of a spectacular couple of weeks of bird
watching - Forty-spots, Shy Albatross, Dusky Robin, all the Honeyeaters,
blah, blah, blah... fantastic. I'll bung a full trip report up shortly.

I have a couple of days left in Melbourne before heading back to soggy old
Alice Springs, and I just need this special nocturnal resident.

If anyone would like to contact me off-list if you have any more information
on the Powerful Owls at Ivanhoe or elsewhere, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks again, and best wishes to all the flood affected folks up in QLD, my
brother lives right beside the Brisbane river and is biting his nails down
to the bone. Fingers crossed for a speedy clean-up and a bit of a dry spell.

Cheers,
          Chris Watson
          Alice Springs (currently in Melbourne)

--