birding-aus

Cocos & Christmas Islands

To: "Frank O'Connor" <>
Subject: Cocos & Christmas Islands
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:53:50 +1100
I agree Frank - the more birding tourism there is the more the local people
will value the environment and the better it will be protected. As to how
you count the birds that is your choice - I have been there a few years ago
and seen the endemics and I am more likely to spend my money going elsewhere
where I will get more "lifers" per $ spent - but that is my choice.