birding-aus

Black Bittern at Nepean Weir

Subject: Black Bittern at Nepean Weir
From: "Ákos Lumnitzer" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 10:41:49 +1100
Hello birders

I am extremely stoked that in two of three outings in the last three days
(24th morning, 25th and 26th before sunset) I have come across this rather
elusive species downstream from the weir itself. Last night just as the
storm was about to hit I managed to get some acceptable ID images as it
flew past me twice at very close range as I stood waist deep in the middle
of the Nepean River.

http://amatteroflight.com/gallery2/d/4938-1/Black-Bittern_1545.jpg

cheers
Akos