birding-aus

Any updates re Stilt Sandpiper

To: Tim Dolby <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Any updates re Stilt Sandpiper
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 09:22:04 +0930
Tim
You've gone about this the wrong way!

When our kids were young Hilary and I  were relatively poor, and couldn't
afford the lavish birthday parties other parents held.

However, we had a small bus and a key to the sewage ponds.  So we'd load the
kids into the bus and visit the sewage ponds!  If we timed it right we'd be
there at nightfall to spot for crocs (as well as nocturnal birds).

We never let the kids out of the bus, because of the crocs etc.  But all had
a grand time and more than one child pronounced our birthday parties the
best ones they'd been to.
Denise
Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
PO Box 3460 NT 0832, AUSTRALIA
Ph. 61 08 89 328306
Mobile: 0438 650 835

Birdwatching and Indigenous tourism consultant
PhD Candidate
Vice-chair, Wildlife Tourism Australia

http://www.denisegoodfellow.com.au
http://www.earthfoot.org