birding-aus

RFI Monash/Clayton

Subject: RFI Monash/Clayton
From: "Tony Keene" <>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:55:09 +0100
Hi all,

I've got the misfortune to be spending four days in a shoebox at the
Synchrotron in Monash from tomorrow. I have to run the last 60 hours of
experiments, but I'm aiming to loaf off for a bit on the first two days by way
of some birding. I've had luck around the campus of the university with Musk
Lorikeet and Straw-necked Ibis, but I wondered if there's anything else within
an hour's walk of there? I've managed to dip twice on the Tawny Frogmouth that
used to live on the campus, but I've heard since that it's gone.
There is a very slim chance that there might even be a huge eight-hour gap in
the schedule, which I might use to look around Melbourne - are the Botanic
Gardens any good?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
Cheers,

Tony Keene

www.tonykeenebirds.co.uk