birding-aus

FW: Owl photos from Cairns area

To: "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: FW: Owl photos from Cairns area
From: "Richard Nowotny" <>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:30:25 +1100
Jason Estep is an American birder who saw, and photographed, two Tyto owls
while in FNQ. Jason's email regarding these owls is below and his photos are
attached (if you do not receive the attachments, or cannot open them, please
reply to me and I will forward them on to you).

Would any owl aficionados care to offer an opinion as to which species these
two owls are? (Jason has asked that he be included in any correspondence -
he is now back at home in Ohio [in 10 below freezing temperatures] and is
not on the Birding-aus mailing list.)

Regards.  Richard Nowotny (in Melbourne).