birding-aus

Hearing birds

To: Lloyd Nielsen <>
Subject: Hearing birds
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:40:46 +1100
Hi Lloyd,
Yes my directional hearing is much improved! I couldn't even hear most of the
birds before, let alone discern the direction! :)
I was always amazed when birding with people like Keith Brandwood who would
have picked up and identified 10+ species by call alone before i had even seen
or heard anything! Now i have to learn all the calls from scratch pretty much
though so I'm still pretty hopeless at birding by ear.....but slowly getting
better. I know you won't have that same problem though!
Cheers
Dave