birding-aus

Wandering Tattler, Newcastle, NSW

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Wandering Tattler, Newcastle, NSW
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:15:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

A single Wandering Tattler was located this afternoon by me, Allan Richardson
and Lucas Grenadier on the rock platform in front of Newcastle Ocean Baths
today
between midday and one pm.

I received a text from Grant Brosie at about 1630 saying that the bird is still
there.

As would be expected from a bird that is a likely new arrival, it is somewhat
flighty and quite hungry! Bob Inglis did say now was a good time to look out
for
them and our bird has some similarities to the bird he photographed at
Caloundra
a couple of weeks ago (ie it could be a young bird).

Contact me direct for more info.

Cheers,

Mick