birding-aus

RFI: birding around Melbourne

Subject: RFI: birding around Melbourne
From: Mikael Bauer <>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:04:06 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

We are two Swedish birders coming to Melbourne next week and will bird in the
surroundings of the city on the 17th and 18th. We will be doing some forest
birding looking for Pilotbird, Lyrebird and Crescent Honeyeater etc. and also
some coastal and wetland birding for birds like Latham's Snipe, Freckled Duck,
Musk Duck and Striated Fieldwren. Has anybody got some good tips for us which
are the best places to go or is there any local birder that might join us??

Also after that we are heading for the Great Ocean Road and the Ottoways - any
good advice for Gang-gang Cockatoos?

All the best

Mikael Bauer