birding-aus

Contact for Regent Honeyeater Recovery Program in NSW

To: B Whylie <>
Subject: Contact for Regent Honeyeater Recovery Program in NSW
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 17:54:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Brook,

The Recovery Team co-ordinator is Dean Ingwersen at Birds Australia. Look under
"Contacts" on this page:

http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/our-projects/woodland-birds-for-biodiversity.html

I thought I'd reply to the list to let you all know that on Friday the Regent
Honeyeater was listed as Critically Endangered in NSW ("upgraded" from
Endangered).

Details of the final determination by the NSW Scientific Committee can be seen
on the www.environment.nsw.gov.au website (which appears to be down at the
moment).

Aussie Bittern has also been "upgraded" from Vulnerable to Endangered.

Regards,

Mick