birding-aus

Rare Birds from Ashmore Reef

To: <>
Subject: Rare Birds from Ashmore Reef
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:10:19 +1100
Good Morning everyone

               I have just returned from the Ashmore Reef trip organised by
George Swann from Kimberly Bird Watching Tours with the help of Mike Carter
and Rohan Clarke which was one of the most successful trips since its
inception. I have posted a few photos from Ashmore itself and over the next
couple of days will attempt to add some more. I would also like to take this
opportunity to congratulate Simon Mustoe ( Even though the Ashes will end up
back in Aus this summer! )  on his magnificent find of the Arabian
Shearwater and would urge all of you to try and make the effort to get out
on the trip he has organised out of Darwin as I do not think the birds will
stay around long as Ian May has said. Mike Carter will be posting a full
report on our trip fairly soon but in the meantime here is the link to some
of the birds including the Adult and Juvenile Grey-streaked Flycatcher.
http://barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup
<http://barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0>
&cat=0

Kindest Regards