birding-aus

Western Bowerbird on the nest

Subject: Western Bowerbird on the nest
From: Christopher Watson <>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:50:25 +0930
I did an image search today for the nest of the Western Bowerbird and all I
found was pictures of bowers.

So I went out and found this female preparing a nest. Much smaller than I
had imagined for this bird, but this is clearly her nest as she was busily
fixing it up and collecting building material. The tree is a Jacaranda,
definitely not an Alice Springs native, but I guess it serves the purpose.

m("N03/5116356125/","//www.flickr.com/photos/54631453");">http:

Chris Watson
Alice Springs