birding-aus

re:Brown Quail at Kata Tjuta

Subject: re:Brown Quail at Kata Tjuta
From: Mark Carter <>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 03:38:49 +0100 (BST)
In dry times there are always a few Brown Quail at well grassed stretches of
the Finke and Hugh Rivers such as around Two-mile waterhole/Glen Helen or at
the river near Owen Springs Reserve Ranger Station but since the rains started
this year they have been appearing anywhere there is thick enough grass. On a
recent bird tour I led we even flushed one near Erldunda in Cinnamon
Quail-Thrush habitat which is normally a moonscape but is now a lush
grassland.Mark Carter
DesertLife: Bird Guiding, Wildlife Surveys & Consultancy in Australia's Red
CentreT ++61 (0) http://www.desertlife.com.au