birding-aus

Do birds have inter-specific alarm calls/language

To: Chris Sanderson <>
Subject: Do birds have inter-specific alarm calls/language
From: Chris Charles <>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:46:45 +1100
Ralph,
The same behaviour seen while camping on the upper Noosa River Qld several years ago.
The Magpies attracted a Sacred Kingfisher which swooped the Monitor.
In the swoop the Kingfisher hit the side of the tent & was taken by the Monitor on the rebound & all trace disappeared within about 15 seconds.

Chris Charles
0412 911 184

33deg 47'30"S
151deg10'09"E