birding-aus

NT Visit

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: NT Visit
From: Angus Innes <>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:32:39 +0000
A collegue of mine in the Environment Agency of England and Wales, Alastair
Driver, who happens to be the Agency's Manager of Conservation and also an
excellent birder and all round naturalist, is making a trip to the Top End
shortly - for his private birding and natural history purposes.  He will be
there for a week from October 15th to the 22nd. On a previous trip to
Queensland I was able to help him with local birding contacts. I havn't lived
in the Territory for a few decades and have lost my Darwin contacts. Obviously
he will go to Kakadu for a couple of days, but if any Top Enders are making a
birding trip out of Darwin during that period I know that he would very much
appreciate the company and the local knowledge. If anyone was able to respond,
I would be delighted to act as the connection.

With thanks to anyone able to help, Angus Innes (currently UK based).

(By the by, his main purpose of travel to Australia is to give a presentation
on the Clean up and Rebirth of the River Thames to an international forum in
Perth, a project in which he has been highly involved for over twenty years. He
has also served as a national lead on a multi agency project for the
restoration of Water Vole numbers in the rivers of the UK, from which it was
heading for extinction due to the depredations of the introduced Nth American
Mink and habitat destruction. An enthusiastic sportsman he has found a few
young Aussies work and a place with his local cricket club in Berkshire.)