birding-aus

Leanyer Sewage Plant access, Carnaby's Black Cockatoo and Christmas Isla

To: <>
Subject: Leanyer Sewage Plant access, Carnaby's Black Cockatoo and Christmas Island
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 04:49:36 +0000
G'day,

A few updates on Bird-O. We've tidied up the front page ... thanks to all you
who provided us with feed back. We'll continue to improve the site and add
information about Australian birding. Don't forget to check back every few days
and drop us a line if you've had an exciting birding experience. We're always
looking for short pieces by birders like you, who are passionate about
Australian wildlife.

LEANYER SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT

The front page of Bird-O has an article about Leanyer Sewage Treatment plant by
Chris Sanderson. This includes important information on the status of access
arrangements. Leanyer is currently closed to birders but the operators are
sympathetic to our needs and are considering options. Note, any birders
accessing the site illegally could be subject to criminal prosecution.

CARNABY'S BLACK COCKATOO 'ON A WING AND A PRAYER'

You can now access daily video updates 'from the nest' of the Carnaby's Black
Cockatoo film project - and enter the competition to name the chick. Follow the
front page link for more information. A new video us uploaded every day.

CHRISTMAS ISLAND

It's that time of the year - rarities are about to start appearing and
Christmas Island always shows up something exciting. Check out the Forest
Wagtail photos - a recent first for Australia found by Lisa Preston of Island
Explorer Holidays. We've just started the Christmas Island pages but there is
already information on when and where to go, who to go with etc. This will be
enhanced over the coming weeks. If you have your own information to share about
Christmas Island, follow the link in this page:
http://bird-o.com/christmas-island-birding/

Regards,

Simon Mustoe and Chris Sanderson.

Simon Mustoe
Tel: +61 (0) 405220830 | Skype simonmustoe | Email

Visit BIRD-O at http://www.bird-o.com
Follow BIRD-O on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/birdodotcom
Like BIRD-O on Facebook? Visit
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Bird-O/117732794921095