birding-aus

Sydney Visit and Questions

Subject: Sydney Visit and Questions
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:56:52 EDT
Hello,

I am an American birder who is planning on being in Sydney next week, and I
 have a few questions.

First, there was a report of a Powerful Owl roosting in the Royal Botanical
 Gardens, on September 6.  Has it been seen recently, and if so, where
should I look for it?

Second, same for Tawny Frogmouth.  I would love to see one right in
Sydney.  Specific directions would be appreciated, since I don't know the
Gardens
very well.

On previous visits to Sydney, I have seen Red-whiskered Bulbul in the
Chinese Garden, at Darling Harbour.  Are they still there?

Is there anyplace else particularly interesting that I could reach
conveniently on public transportation, from the CBD?

And, lastly, is anyone interested in going birding with an American birder
on Thursday, 7 October, Friday, 8 October, or Saturday, 9 October?  I'd be
glad to take public transportation and meet you somewhere.

My entire itinerary for my upcoming trip can be seen on my website at

 _http://www.barry15.com/2010_Australia_Trip/_
(http://www.barry15.com/2010_Australia_Trip/)

I'm really looking forward to visiting Sydney again, and I am especially
excited about the prospect of seeing the inland areas of NSW and Victoria
after  all the rain that has fallen this year.  Any and all suggestions and
tips  appreciated.

Regards,
Barry Brugman
USA