birding-aus

6 falcons in one day

To: <>
Subject: 6 falcons in one day
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:30:37 +1000
Well done Christopher. For the record, I saw all six species of falcon in
one day in January 1972 at Dynevor Downs Station near Thargomindah, in
south-west Queensland, in the company  of Chris Corben and Greg Czechura. In
fact we saw all six species within an hour of each other. This falcon feast,
in an area now protected as Lake Bindegolly National Park - included two
adult and two juvenile Grey Falcons in what was then believed to be the
first breeding record for Queensland. Still, I lived in Alice Springs for
almost a year and did not encounter the species in that time.

Greg Roberts

"Message: 11