birding-aus

RE: There's always the ones in life that make it harder for others!

To: <>
Subject: RE: There's always the ones in life that make it harder for others!
From: "Andrew Stafford" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:33:59 +1000
David and others,

I haven't actually heard definitively of even one group of birders since Ian
and Pat May's report who have gone onto traditional lands without
permission. The birdwatching community is small and it's hard to keep
secrets for long.

If anyone wants to inform me otherwise, I would be very interested to hear
about it privately (off-list). Otherwise I am concerned that birders are
being tarred by the one dirty brush without cause. At this stage all we are
seeing is journalism by press release, with a lot of unsourced and
unverified allegations.

Cheers

Andrew

http://abc.com.au/news/stories/2010/09/ ... ion=justin

I've read all of the princess parrot communication on the forum with
interest
although have been unable to contemplate going out there - when one reads
this
article which states that the primary reason for the permission not being
granted was as a result of some twitchers who appear to have disregarded the

rules and went onto the land without permission - sad isn't it - in all
walks
of life including the birders there are those who flaunt the rules and only
consider their own selfish purposes and as a result others miss out - such a

shame that so many responsible and well intended birders have missed out on
this opportunity to this point as a result.

Cheers

David Taylor